It's Nothing Short of a Miracle!

 It's been an interesting last 6 months since my brain surgery. The 6 weeks week after the surgery are a bit of a blur to me , but I do remember the kindness and love that I felt from so many people. Dinner's were brought in, friends took my younger children for play dates, my older kids stepped it up taking care of the house, and my loving husband took weeks off of work to tend to me. Steve was there anytime I needed anything. I wasn't in a whole lot of pain. Steve made sure to stay on top of my medication to ensure that I would be as comfortable as possible. He said I slept the entire 1st week after the surgery. He missed me, and when I started to get better, he said he was so glad to be able to have a conversation with me again. I was surprised when he told me that it had been a week already. He also said, "It was the hardest week of my life." He was a single dad of 5, and even though we were getting so much help, he still felt a bit overwhelmed.

 After 4 weeks, I felt good enough to go camping in our trailer. I HAD to get out of the house and breathe in some nature. It was also was our 17th anniversary. I thought I would just sit in a chair outside of the trailer and soak up some much need rays from the sun. After the first day of camping I began to feel some energy. I asked Steve to take me on a short walk. My loving sweet husband made me a walking stick to help with my balance, and off we went. He was concerned to take me too far, but I felt better and better as I kept going. I shocked him when I decided to cross the river we were hiking beside. I remember seeing lots of fishing holes that I was dying to fish. I truly found a renewed energy that I hadn't had in weeks. To me it was the best anniversary ever! I cried because of the overwhelming feelings of gratitude that I felt for this beautiful world we live in, for the kindness of my husband, and that I didn't have anymore headaches.

 After six weeks, I had a follow-up Appointment with my brain surgeon. I was feeling great! I had almost all range of motion back in my neck, I hadn't had any headaches, or dizziness. My life had completely changed. Dr .Schmidt was completely amazed at how fast I had recovered. I was grateful to him that I just wanted to wrap my arms around him, and thank him from the bottom of my heart. He changed my life.

 My summer was disappearing quickly because of the 6 weeks I had lost in recovering, and I was anxious to have some fun. I asked my Doc when I could resume normal activities, and he told me that I was doing so well that I could do whatever I felt like doing. He stressed that I take it slow in building back up my endurance. I was elated!

  That next weekend I wanted to go on a short hike up in the mountains behind our home. Steve thought I was nuts! We made a goal to only go a short distance, but when I got there, I wanted to hike further. Every goal for the next spot was accomplished until I had hiked and jogged 6 miles! Steve laughed and shook his head in joy and surprise watching me. I had done so well that we started to plan a 10 mile hike in the San Rafael Swells the next month. People were concerned that I was being so ambitious, but assured them that I was doing amazing. Heavenly Father heard the prayers of all those who were praying for me, and it turned into a miracle.

 I look back today 6 months later in amazement of the blessings I have received. I have a new life! I still have some other health issues, but I feel so much better than I ever thought I would. I am able to accomplish whatever I put my mind to, and I LOVE IT!


Popular posts from this blog

Instrument in His Hands

Lord, I will Follow Thee

A Change in my Heart