Blessings Through Trails

This year has been a continuous round of trials for our family. Little Randilynn with her ankle surgery, Tyler and his seismoids bones in the ball of his foot, River with knee's that already need surgery, and me falling and injuring both of my knee's, with the possibility of an upcoming surgery. This last couple of weeks have been rough. Not only have I hurt my knee's, but I have come down with influenza. This has made me go from going 100MPH to 0MPH in a matter of a day. I am such a busy body, and so independent, that this has been really hard on me. My burden's have been lifted by the wonderful, caring, and sweet people in our neighborhood, and ward. My neighbors have taken my kids, fed our family dinner, have made calls to check up on us, offered to clean my house, and have been praying for us. How wonderfully blessed we have been to be taken care of. I'm not generally good about being on the receiving end of service. This is what I LOVE TO DO for other's, I'm not supposed to need it! I have been humbled by the generosity of other's. Our family has been blessed, and I have been able to get to know some of these good people of our ward better. As a result, I have also been able to spend some well needed quality time alone with my soul mate. Although I am sick, and a bit gimpy, Steve took me away for the weekend, and we went down our cabin. I have never had a better weekend in my life. I was forced by my body to just, sit! I was able to cuddle up with my husband, and have some quiet moments to talk to him about whatever we wanted with no interruptions. I was able to read my scriptures, feel the spirit, and feel the love that my husband has for me. He cooked me meals, made sure I was warm, and he tended to my every need. I loved to just watch him work on things in the cabin. It was a joy for me to see how excited he is to have made, and built our cabin, and everything in it. He smiled and almost giggled as he hung the wagon wheel chandelier he had made, and when he flipped the light switch, and it came on, it was like seeing a little kids eyes light up with excitement. Because of the illnesses, and injuries, I have been able to take the time to see things I might have missed. This is a good lesson for me. Slow down, and enjoy life's little moments. I have seen so many blessing come from my trials, and I am so thankful for them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is how I really feel.

Aspen "Hope" Morgan

Fractured Little Hope